Friday, December 18, 2009

Bread!!!

Since forever, I wanted to learn to make bread, but with my poor relation with the flour, it wasn't working very well. After a few experiments and after I managed not to get completely covered in flour and spend two hours cleaning afterwards, I felt I was ready to start my bread journey. Anybody can mix the ingredients, but I heard that knead the dough was not that easy. I decided to use common sense for once and take a class. I found classes at a store called Sur La Table and off I went.  It was a great experience and I had a lot of fun. Brad, the chef and teacher explained us how to go about the process in


a clear and fun way. I learned how to make sourdough bread, French baguettes and pumpernickel bread, as well as some delicious dips. I did not waste time and I started my bread experiments during the weekend. Here you have my first sourdough rolls and my first baguettes. Woooohooo! :D

0 comments: